Thursday, February 26, 2009
Cheesy Beef & Shells Bake
Yum num yumm......Really can you go wrong with pasta, cheese, tomatoes and beef? Especially when you get the cheese really toasty under the broiler.
The inspiration for this came from the cinnamon in the Pasta al Forno I made recently, and the fact that I had leftover shells from the Venetian Mac & Cheese.
1 pound medium shell pasta
1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can, crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 pinches ground cinnamon
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef over medium heat for about 10 minutes, add garlic about halfway through with salt and pepper.
- Pour in tomatoes and seasonings (Italian and cinnamon) and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the shells to al dente
- Pour in the milk or cream to the sauce and stir, let simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a greased casserole dish and top with cheese. Broil for about 3 - 5 minutes until the cheese gets toasty.