Mmm... this was so yummy. I came up with this recipe on my own, I'm sure I've seen the combination somewhere before but I can't remember!
This is a great side dish, but you could also add chicken for a whole meal.
3 portabello mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbl spoons olive oil
1/2 cup wine
1/2 cup milk or cream
2 tbl spoons flour
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
parsley (optional garnish)
- Start by cleaning the leeks if you haven't already. Chop them and throw into a large bowl of water. Stir them up with your hands a bit and let soak about 10 minutes, all the dirt will sink to the bottom.
- Begin boiling the water for the pasta
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pan and add the leeks and mushrooms with some salt and pepper, let saute for about 5 minutes and add the garlic, let saute another 5 - 10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Start cooking the pasta once the water boils
- Add the wine and let cook down.
- Sprinkle in the flour slowly, working into the mixture as you go.
- Then pour the milk or cream in slowly and let thicken up with the flour.
- Let this simmer about 5 minutes and add the cheese. Mix in the drained pasta, garnish with parsley.