Thursday, February 12, 2009
Joe's Stuffed Peppers
While I do the majority of the cooking in our little household, it is not an indication that my cooking abilities are superior, by any means. So once in awhile, when Joe offers to cook, I gladly step back.
One of his specialties are stuffed peppers, and being Italian, it should be! I once tried making a healthier, greek version that included ground lamb, spinach and feta. I thought they were delicious, but Joe was disgusted by them, and therefore, I am never allowed to make stuffed peppers again.
His version is not as healthy, but incredibly tasty!
Ingredients (you'll have to guess at the exact amounts):
2 green peppers
mild italian sausage
2 cups beef broth
1 cup abbrio rice
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozeralla
- Brown sausage
- Add 2 cups of beef broth and 1 cup of risotto. Slow cook for 20 minutes
- Add chopped garlic and 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Simmer and add 1/2 cup of parm
- Wash green peppers and cut a round whole on the top. Gut out all the seeds
- Cut the bottom of the pepper to make sure it stands upright while cooking
- Stuff the pepper and top with cheese
- Cook on 375 for 15 minute of until top is golden brown