Saturday, January 17, 2009

Coconut Crusted Shrimp


So, I had some shrimp I wanted to make the other night, and was just going to go with our standard, shrimp scampi, but I had no fresh lemons and didn't want to open my last bottle of white wine (we had cases of leftover booze from our wedding in October and after all the entertaining we've been doing our supply is nearing its end).

I started thinking and remembered that I had leftover coconut from holiday baking and the lightbulb went off! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it was actually pretty easy. I don't really fry all that much and was worried the batter will fall off in the process but it turned out great!

Had I planned this advance, I probably would have made some kind of dipping sauce to go with it, we just used cocktail sauce.

3 comments:

  1. Frying is one of those things I haven't really attempted at home... but if I ever decided to try, this looks like a great recipe! I love coconut shrimp, and I hardly ever have it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and I love how the coconut gives a subtle sweetness to the shrimp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big seafood person but my favorite is coconut shrimp. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete