Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Pancakes with Cinnamon Honey Syrup


I'm typically not a pancake lover but the other morning I got a craving out of the blue for chocolate chip pancakes and found some peanut butter chips in the pantry as well. Peanut butter and chocolate is never a bad idea, so I knew it would be a great addition to these pancakes.

Since I've never made pancakes before, I found a highly rated recipe on allrecipes.com. I'm glad I found it - the pancakes themselves were super fluffy so I'll definitely use it again with other variations. The syrup was delicious and super easy, I think the next time I make these, I'll make blueberry pancakes and add some lemon to the syrup.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pancakes

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 peanut butter chips

* Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

* In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil, then add it to the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk.

* Stir in the chips.

* Using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon, spoon the pancakes one at a time onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles start to form on top and cook until both sides are golden brown.

Cinnamon Honey Syrup:

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon

* Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave about 60 seconds, allowing the butter to melt and syrup to heat. Stir and serve with pancakes.


6 comments:

  1. Those look seriously good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of peanut butter chips. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I've also never made pancakes from scratch but after seeing your recipe it doesn't look that hard. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I see that you're from Chicago. Oh - I'm so jealous! My brother is in school at the Naval Base and we visited for the first time in January. I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love how that drizzled honey looks on that.We love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to reply to your comment, but it won't allow me to email you. BOO! So glad to find someone else who loves Criminal Minds. I'm in love with Reid. Crazy - yes, but I love the nerdy guys. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete